Wednesday 31 December 2008

29/12/08 The First Move!



I can't believe I have actually started getting this project going!!!! I've been trying to start for 3 years! However, these projects move a lot faster when you know a VW enthusiastic who can fix engines :).
So I better say what I've got! Its a 1985 dark red T25 VW camper van. I've had it since I was 3 and the love of VW campers grew from there. Yet it has been neglected for about 5 years, untill the other day it had no battery!
My friend came over (the VW enthusiastic I was talking about!) to say how bad the neglect was. The camper has rot in the seams which will be costly as body work is normally very expensive.
Well anyway he had come prepared and brought a battery to try and start the camper!!! So we put the battery in and started it up. The engine sounded really lethargic, this was due to the battery not being powerful enough.
A trip to Halfords was needed, where we bought a HB010+ battery (I have no idea what this means, just that it works with my camper!). When we fitted this to the camper it started with ease :) MY CAMPER CAN GO !!!!! However, we didn't drive it as its break fluid has most probably broken down, not good in any moving vehicle!
The engine though makes this clapping sound at the moment so I'm assuming this will be the next task! I can't wait :)

No comments: